Friday, January 22, 2010

PINOY BIG BROTHER DOUBLE UP RESBAK ATTACK OR CRAB MENTALITY ATTACK?


Being a stay at home mom, my main entertainment consist mainly comes from television or from a great book. Sure, pathetic as it may sound, I do watch telenovelas, soap operas and a couple of reality tv.
I do watch Pinoy Big Brother and I couldn't help but shake my head in disgust with what I'm seeing for the past week. They aired this so called "Resbak Attack" wherein the exhousemates get to test the housemates' true personalities and their "worthiness" to be in Kuya's house.
Sure, why not give them something to bring out their true personalities? I do get it. What I don't understand is that some of these exhousemates seem to take this as a perfect opportunity to vent out their personal issues with the housemates. They appear too bitter and personal. They don't hesitate to result to physical violence and what's sad, Kuya seems to be too lenient about this. This doesn't showcase the housemates' true colors but sadly highlights one negative Filipino trait which is crab mentality. I could see very clearly this so called "Resbak Attack" never meant to show who truly deserves the big win but nevertheless a perfect opportunity for some of the exhousemates to take out their personal angst against the housemates, deserving to win the title or not.
I never liked Princess. She's too tacky for my taste. True enough, her "palengkera" attitude was exposed during her confrontation with Mariel. And oh, don't get me started with Cathy. She feels she's all that. Hello! Trust me, I don't have any bet on who deserves to win. I just find it entertaining. Period.
I also hated Paul Jake's guts right from the start but to my surprise, I was really impressed on what I saw in the show this week. He stayed true on who really is and never gave up on what he believed in. Mayabang na kung mayabang, may paninindigan naman.
Really, don't we all have that invisible guard built around ourselves when we're around with people whom we barely know? We don't usually open up until we reach that comfort level with that person... We truly shine in the adversities we face. I don't think provoking and hurting people physically, verbally and emotionally is the right way to do it.
Just my two cents, really.

No comments: