Monday, July 5, 2010

YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT

"You can't always get what you want
And if you try sometime you find
You get what you need"
-- ROLLING STONES



After the never ending of taking down notes and a series of late nights, I didn't get the job I was pining for. Yeah, it was depressing and very frustrating. Just when you feel confident, that rejection letter is a big slap on my face.

I could go on thinking about the answers I've made and what I did wrong but I always come up with the same truth. I AM STILL REJECTED.

Sure, the job doesn't pay much but it would have been nice to earn some extra cash while at home. I felt I have disappointed my family and most of all, I felt I've disappointed myself. How can I even begin to forgive myself for that?

R. said to take it easy, we don't need that extra money anyway and why am I being too hard on myself... Easy for him to say.

Who doesn't need an extra moolah? An extra money would have meant a new pair of shoes, a new set of clothes or a footspa appointment every month. That job could have validated my capacity to earn in this household. So sad.

To my frustration, I spent all my free time signing up to those PTC sites. A very dragging and slow process to earn (on my opinion) but it's better than nothing.

Goes I'm back to square one. I got to figure this out. Swallow the painful truth one day at a time to digest the truth that I have failed and it's perfectly NORMAL.




No comments: