Monday, April 4, 2011

FOOD BLOG: YAKIMIX GREENBELT 3




Grillin'




A part of their dessert station



Enjoy!



Finally!


I actually don't know how to express in writing summing up my trip to the much famed Yakimix. I've heard great reviews about this buffet-style resto and I've been dying to go to this place ever since.

At first, I thought the buffet cost of Php598/person is a little too steep but curiosity got the best of me and decided to try it out yesterday, on a Sunday of all days.

It took us 2 hours and a half to wait for our turn to have our table and I kept reminding myself and Yab that the wait will be definitely worth it.

When it was our turn, I am truly impressed with the interior and the crystal chandeliers. The place really looks classy, more of European style (sorry, I am no master of Interior Decorating. Lol!) but one thing I noticed was that their ambient music is quite off. I could hear screaming rock bands, korean pop the next and so on playing in the speakers. But all of these were all forgotten the moment I had my first bite.

The receptionists are accommodating and friendly and some of the waiters and waitresses too. Some of whom are pretty grumpy but I really can't blame them. It was a full house busy Sunday and I can't see an empty table nowhere.

We decided to head for the "cooked" buffet station for our main course. It was already 9pm and our "pet dragons" are already on riot in our tummy. Haha! I got to try their glass noodles (not sure of the name though), crispy pata, tempura, chicken lollipop, chili chicken and I was instantly hooked. There are just way too many choices available and being the non-adventurous eater that I am, I stuck to the basics.

After that, we went to the "raw" station and the choices are incredibly huge, too. We really had fun grilling/cooking our food in our table. They have several choices of sushi, sashimi and other authentic Japanese, Korean and Cantonese food that you'd wish you have the stomach of a hippo.

You better leave some room for desserts and fruits, too. From a freezer full of different Selecta Icecream flavors, they also have different kinds of cakes, leche flan, chocolate brownie and the list goes on and on.

Yab promised me to go back to this place pretty soon and this time around, he wants the kids with us. I just can't wait to see the look on my children's faces.







No comments: