Monday, April 2, 2012

WANDERLUST STRIKES

 Keepsakes from Bangkok, Thailand



Keepsakes from Chennai (Madras) India


Yab made a promised to me once that he will never leave me behind for more than a week. If he has to go somewhere longer than that, he will take me wherever it may be.

When his job required him to be in India for almost a month, he asked me to come with him this time around. I refused to leave our son, Hael behind so he obliged to take him along too.

In one month, I've been in two countries; two different cultures and lifestyle. I couldn't thank him enough for being so thoughtful enough to let me experience this.

It was a very challenging month for me considering I had a toddler with me all the time. The only prayer I had was that he may never get sick abroad and God answered my prayers.

I was grateful that even when we were under the scorching heat when we go out every weekend, I never heard a single complaint from my toddler. He was too fascinated with all the  new things he saw. He slept during plane rides and never had any jetlag. He even learned to say, "Thank You" in Tamil (Chennai dialect).

So, if someone asks me if I'll do it again, I will in a heartbeat. This time around, I'll be wiser to bring more cartons of formula milk.


No comments: