Thursday, September 13, 2012

THE iPHONE 5: DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS






Phone credit to Engadget



I don't consider myself an Apple fanatic. I don't rush to Telecom stores when a new Apple product has been made available. I use Apple products because it's familiar and they have tons of apps which I find beneficial to my lifestyle and preference and I was fortunate enough that my postpaid plan could provide me one - for free.


After the iPhone 5 release, I read a lot of criticisms, hateful posts all over the social media sites about the phone. I mean, come on. If you don't want it, don't buy one. You don't have to post hateful comments and quarrel almost everyone in the web just because they like the iPhone 5. 


Life is simple. If it doesn't justify the price, then look for another phone model. If Samsung S III is way much better, then choose Samsung. It's just that simple. No name callings (like social climbers, idiots, pathetic and etc.) required to those who wants the new iPhone. No profanities need to be expressed. NO ONE is holding you at gun point to buy the new iPhone. You have every right to shake your head and walk away. 


I'm no Techie expert. 

This post will not recommend you on what phone model to buy or which one is better because I'm no expert. Just  what I've said earlier, my choice of phone models depend solely on what I find beneficial to my lifestyle. That's it.


Will I get the iPhone 5? Maybe or maybe not. 


But rest assured, whatever phone model I choose, you will not hear me dissing other phone models. 


Different strokes for different folks.


Let me repost what I read on Scott Kelby's Facebook Page:


"Why do you feel you have to jump in and attack a product you don't use, and won't buy? Android-based phones are a perfectly fine choice --- you don't have to defend your choice whenever someone mentions the iPhone 5 or any iPhone for that matter. It simply doesn't affect you. You have a phone you already like, so good news --- you're going to save a bunch of money by staying with what you've already got. You should be happy --- not angry and bitter. This should be a day of great jubilation --- your choice of smartphone has been vindicated --- Apple is all wrong again, and you're smarter than everyone else. Rejoice and stop and the hating."



Full post here:


https://www.facebook.com/SKelby



P.S. This post is not intended to attack anyone in particular. At end of the day, I just got sick and tired of people debating over a phone in the internet. 

No comments: