Sunday, December 5, 2010

FOOD BLOG: AMICI - ALABANG TOWN CENTER

Variety of gelato choices





Cara Mia Cakes



After I have initiated my hubby with authentic Italian Bolognese, he can't stop craving from it. Before we met, he won't eat pastas or pansit canton but then things have changed a lot since then. Our meals has became too predictable since he would dragged the family to Sbarro or Italianni's to have that pasta.
On one of our trips to Alabang Town Center, I urged him to try Amici. Since we were not the type of "adventurous" eaters, we ordered their Margherita Pizza (Php280),
Spaghetti Alla Bolognese Pasta (Php185) and a pitcher of soda. My daughter Anin and I had Pistachio gelato for dessert.

All the while, we were summoning the waiter here and there without knowing its Self-Service policy. The waiter was so courteous to attend to our needs and he never told us about their policy. We later found out after reading one of its posts on the wall. Haha!

The waiter got a big tip from us considering his efforts and demeanor. Other service crews would have pointed to us that we have to serve ourselves right from the start.

Hubby was so impressed with their menu that he dragged us back there last week. We ordered different food this time but hubby ordered their bolognese spaghetti still. We had Insalata di Cesare/Caesar Salad (Php140), Cappricciosa Pizza (Php280), Spaghetti Alla Bolognese Pasta (Php185), Pollo Arrostito/Baked Rosemary half Chicken with veggies and some gelato for dessert.

I was hesitant to try out their baked chicken at first since it appeared to pale and too saucy. It was totally different from how it looks like from their menu. I was expecting it would look like the Italianni's version of their baked chicken. But then after an eeny weeny bite, I was surprised on how tasty it was. It was delectable and very tasty.

Overall, the dining experience at Amici was a delightful one. I'd give this resto my nod. Kids will not enjoy the pizza and pasta but the wide variety of gelato they can offer. The staff are friendly, courteous and very accommodating. I should say you should visit one of their branches and try out their menu.

I'll definitely try their Italian Sausage on my next visit. =)

Amici has branches at SM Megamall, Greenhills, Don Bosco School, Tomas Morato, Alabang Town Center and SM North Edsa.

I'm sorry but I was only able to take pictures of their gelato and cakes. The food vanished right after it landed on the table.

No comments: