Friday, October 14, 2011

CONQUERING THE LION CITY DAY ONE 08.12.11

It's my long awaited trip outside the Philippines and my first one at that. There were a few glitches, like failing to secure some US Dollars but I managed to have my Philippine money exchanged to Singaporean Dollars at Changi Airport.

It was my first time to travel abroad and very much alone at that. The Philippine Immigration Officer gave me a little hard time but I was given the go signal anyway.

I arrived at the airport 4 hours early for my scheduled flight and I was really surprised to know it won't open til 3:30am. Upon arrival, I immediately went to the the airport's taxi terminal and asked the driver to take me to Ang Mo Kio Avenue (my cousin, Dona's place.)

Since my cousin, Dona couldn't take a leave from work, her hubby and son were gracious enough to welcome me to their home and we headed off to Singapura Mall to have a quick lunch with Dona.

After sending Dona to her office right after lunch, Bon (Dona's hubby), Bryenon (Dona's son) and I headed to the much famed Orchard Road.


To my much delight, I spotted a Ben & Jerry's stall along the way!!!! I swear, I was hopping with joy on my way to the stall. :D


After a very short and quick shop at Forever21 Ion Mall, we then headed to Marina Bay Sands.


The interior of the place was very magnificent. I was really amazed with its architectural beauty.



We concluded the day with a dinner at famous Makansutra Gluttons Bay. I had my first try of the Stingray with chili, Pork Kebab w/ peanut sauce, Crispy Baby Squid and Chicken Wings. The food were succulent, thanks to my "tour guides". Hehehehe.



Right after dinner, we headed to the Esplanade Bay to do some night shots and to my dismay, I realized I left my tripod's ballhead at the apartment. I had to settle for concrete sea walls and trashbins to stabilize my camera and achieve some decent long exposure shots....




I fell asleep as soon as my body hit the bed. It has been a long day but every moment was worth it. I fell in love with the Lion City on Day One.

No comments: