Friday, October 14, 2011

A VERY PLEASANT STAY AT PARK REGIS HOTEL SINGAPORE 09.10.11 - 09.13.11

I received a pleasant news one day - I'm going back to Singapore! This time around, Yab and I decided to stay in a hotel since Yab will be going with me this time. :D

After a thorough canvassing for hotels in the internet, we decided to stay at Park Regis Hotel. It's a 4-star hotel centrally located in the city and very near to Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and Chinatown.

Upon my arrival in Singapore, my cousin, Dona and Bryenon met up with me at airport and we headed to the hotel via MRT.

The hotel is located at #23 Merchant Road, Singapore. It is only a 5-minute walk away from the Clarke Quay MRT train station.

From Changi Airport, board the MRT and embark at the Tanah Mera (Green Line) Station and catch the MRT for Joo Koon (Green Line). Embark at the Outram Park Interchange (13th stop) and board the MRT going to Punggol (Purple Line). Embark at the at the Clarke Quay station, Exit B(2nd stop).

Take the escalator and pass through the skywalk on your left. After getting down from the skywalk, the hotel's just right across the street.



Park Regis Hotel is a fairly new place and I love the very modern look of this place. When I saw the photos in the web, I knew I found what I was looking for. Good thing, they offered a discount if you stay 3 nights or more; I was able to save a couple of hundred bucks.

The moment I arrived in the hotel, I was immediately greeted by a very pleasant and accommodating staff. I made my deposit in cash and headed to my room.

I was very glad to know my room's located just near the pool. Upon entering the room, I had to resist whooping for joy. Unlike some hotels' false advertisements, the place looks exactly what you see in their website.

The whole hotel is a non-smoking establishment but they offer a small Smoking Area right outside the hotel. The room has a small balcony and it's a fairly small room but definitely not cramped. It was strategically decorated and every space was wisely maximized for client's comfort.

Each room is equipped with an LCD TV, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, electric kettle, mini ref, hot/cold shower, robe and slippers.

They also have a safe where you can store your valuables if ever you decide to leave them in your room.

 Queen Size Bed


 Toiletries


 Sink/Lavatory


 TV and Working Desk


 A shot from the balcony


Bathroom

After taking some photos of the room my cousin, Dona, Bryenon and I headed to the pool area. It took a lot of resistance on my part to jump right in. It was absolutely lovely!

 The Pool Area


 I see a very happy kid here. :D


The pool with the lounge chairs

Too bad, Yab and I weren't able to take a dip in the pool. We were fully loaded with itineraries that we decided to skip the swimming part. They also have a fitness center with a fantastic view of the pool.

The hotel has a couple of Filipino staff, too and we were able to chat with them whenever we stayed at their resto. They were also kind enough to give us some tips on how to maximize our stay in the city.

The only downside of this place is their internet access. Wired internet for free is available in their business center but there is a corresponding charge of SGD15 for a 24-hour wired internet in the room.

A free WIFI access would have been great but nonetheless, it was a very pleasant and very comfortable stay
in Park Regis Hotel. :)

Contact
Park Regis Singapore
23 Merchant Road
Singapore 058268
Tel: + 65 6818 8888 
Fax: + 65 6818 8868

http://www.staywellgroup.com/hotels/Asia/park-regis-singapore


No comments: