Saturday, October 15, 2011

A SECOND LOOK AT THE LION CITY DAY ONE 09.10.11

I was fortunate enough to go back to the Lion City barely a month after my first visit. I chose an afternoon flight this time since the hotel would only accept check-ins at 2pm.


My cousin, Dona and her son, Bryenon met up with me at the airport. After checking in at the hotel and Brye's quick dip at the pool, I asked Dona if she could accompany me to Chinatown. It was one of the must-visit places I wasn't able to go during my last trip. 


I was really surprised it was just a couple of minutes away from the hotel! :D


After 10 minutes or so of walking, I saw it! 




The place was pretty crowded given it they were celebrating the Mid-Autumn Festival. 






The place was swarming with lots of souvenir items to choose from and very cheap ones at that.  They vary from keychains, shirts, chopsticks, phone cases, cellphone charms and etc. Dona and I bought some scarves which were sold for SGD10 for 5 pieces! :D


One of Chinatown's Alleys



 Chinese Lucky Charms


 Miniature Urns/Bowls


Variants of Chopsticks for SGD1


During our window shopping, we spotted a Dimsum Place called Tak Po and we decided to have our dinner there.

The prices were incredibly affordable from SGD1.99 for their dimsum dishes. They offer large servings too. For the price of SGD3, 2-3 persons can share a bowl of their Chicken Congee (not in photos) and must I say, everything's delicious. I just love their Sio Mai and Fried Prawn Dumpling. We even ordered a second round of it. ;)

 Sio Mai


Fried Prawn Dumpling


We then went to Central Mall in Clarke Quay to give our achy legs some rest while waiting for Yab to arrive from his business trip India. After learning his flight got delayed for an hour, we called it a night and I retired to the hotel alone to wait for him.

I didn't know how tired I was til my body hit the bed. Hehehehe.


No comments: