Friday, October 14, 2011

CONQUERING THE LION CITY DAY TWO 08.13.11

We decided to leave my cousin's apartment late. She has some household chores to do and I was a little bit tired to leave early so we decided to explore the city by lunchtime.

Dona's family took me to Marche Restaurant in Vivo City Mall and this time around, I have already wished I have a couple more weeks to stay here in Singapore. The food are simply delish! :D

Marche Restaurant is like "turo-turo" style resto but with style. It's a fusion restaurant; from vegan to Italian dishes. Upon entering the restaurant, each customer is given an electronic card wherein you have the chef/food attendant take into account (using the card) every order you've made. Everything's self-service including getting your bill. You have to surrender the electronic card and the cashier will compute everything and give you the total bill. Very high tech! :D

I promised myself to take Yab to this place someday. ;) He'll love it for sure.






After a very filling lunch, we headed to the Sentosa Island. We walked all the way to the island and everything was convenient. There are lots of travellator so you won't have to worry about aching legs and feet. ;)







I immediately spotted the Universal Studios but I decided to do a raincheck I wanted to experience the Universal Studios with the kids and I want it to be a first time for "everyone". :D

But who says I can't take a pose at the famous Universal Studios Globe? ;)









I bought some Universal Studios shirts for the kids and headed to the gigantic Merlion. Gosh, she's really that huge!





We then boarded the Sentosa tram and explored Siloso beach the whole afternoon. It was drizzling but I won't let anybody rain on my parade!

Here are some paparazzi shots I took while I was at the beach.







Right after dinner, the couple took me to Clarke Quay and I had my first taste of their Icecream Wafer Sandwich!











I just love how convenient everything is here in Singapore. We rode buses and trains to our destinations but it's no hassle at all. If Manila's like this, I wouldn't mind taking the bus from Laguna to Manila. The drivers are really disciplined too. You can't see them swerving on streets like here in the Philippines.

I'm sold to this place! :D


No comments: