Tuesday, March 17, 2009

LET ME BE THE MOM...


For the first few weeks since Hael's arrival, I have learned that my life has to change drastically overnight. Gone are those sleep-all-i-want marathon, extra space on my bed and being selfish to my needs and wants.

For the first few nights, I had to literally beg him to sleep so I could get mine, too. He would just stare blankly at my face and give me that famous smile. I often catch myself dropping the feeding bottle and would later realize my body has given up on me. But who am I to complain? I have this perfect little angel who constantly rewards every hardship with a smile. Whose every movement fascinates me everytime?

I would often stare at his little face when I should be taking a nap, too. I just couldn't bear the thought of missing everything. I wanna be a part of every milestone he has. Who could blame me? Every mom should know.

He's now 23 days old and I just couldn't believe how fast he has grown... Years or decades later, I will soon have a little man and I will miss everything when he was smaller and more dependent of me. So as time allows me, let me be a doting mom. A mom who hurriedly runs to her crying infant, dropping everything she does in an instant. Let me be the kind of mom who never gets tired of cuddling her little angel no matter how achy my back gets. Let me be the kind of mom who never gets tired of whispering "I love you" even if he didn't quite get the phrase yet. And please let me be the kind of mom who never gets tired of loving my child unconditionally no matter what happens.

No comments: