Monday, March 9, 2009

Baby Hael's Journey...


My first glimpse of Baby Hael under heavy sedation. Hehe.

Baby Hael finally out!!!

Around 12am: A very strong contraction but not regular. Decided to sleep it off.


Around 3am: Contraction came back. Felt the need to use the bathroom but to no avail. Went back to bed again. =(


4am: Very strong pain on my back radiating to my stomach. Went to the bathroom again and forced myself to relieve myself. Turned on the computer and started timing my contractions.


4:30am: Woke Yab and told him I'm having contractions 12mins apart. Later on, it progressed to 6mins apart...


5am: Contractions came around 2-3mins apart. Prepared our stuff for the hospital but I was wary that I might be sent home again. =(


5:30am: Left the house. Could barely stand on my own feet but managed to get to the car anyway.


5:45am: Arrived at New Sinai Hospital. Could barely get myself out of the car due to the intense pain. Had to be placed in the wheelchair.


6am: IE was done, was now 5cms dilated and 70% effaced. Was prepped to be wheeled to the Labor room. Told Yab to pray for me and Baby Hael.


6:45am-11am: Was having intense contractions but the attending nurse told me they weren't regular yet. I asked her if I'll be sent home but she said no. Was sedated and was able to doze off for a while. She was really kind enough to massage my back everytime a strong contraction hits.


11:30am: I was begging for anything to stop the pain. I wanted to push but they told me it wasn't time yet. I had the urge to pee but they said I could do it on the table. I didn't know if it was pee or my water breaking. One nurse was massaging my back and another held my hand. It was really a great relief.


12pm: I was telling them I'll be pushing no matter what but they begged me to hold it off for a while. A little later my OB appeared and I was so happy. I pushed for around 5 times til Baby Hael came out. A male resident OB helped me pushed baby out. He had to pump my tummy...


12:13pm, Feb. 23, 2009: Baby Hael Nikolai Fabian is now officially part of the growing population. Haha! Weighed 7.04lbs and 48cms in height. He's indeed pretty big compared to his ate. =)

No comments: